The Financial Planning Institute (FPI), a SAQA-recognised professional body, is seeking the services of an experienced Event Coordinator in our Centre for Professional Development. Reporting to the CPD Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to support Management in delivering continuous professional development (CPD) activities across multiple channels, whilst ensuring service excellence.
• Budget & expense analysis, & budget analysis per event;
• Adhere to budget allocation for events, obtain quotes; prepare and submit invoices for payment;
• Perform site visits and inspections;
• End to end event administration including speaker arrangements; agreements and guidelines, printing of workbooks, name tags, attendance registers;
• Cancel unpaid registrations, send attendee agendas; update delegate attendance figures;
• Produce and manage event briefs and documents;
• Manage event feedback;
• Follow up on outstanding payments;
• Load & open events on relevant IT platforms;
• Manage event documentation (Reminders, invitations, payment reminders, cancelations/etc.);
• Manage Couriers and event attendance registers;
• Receive, manage where relevant, escalate complaints directed to CPD;
• Receive, prepare, dispatch and follow up on all online orders and payment allocations.
• Provide intelligent reporting aimed at driving direction and process;
• Grade 12 (or Matric equivalent); and
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an event coordination or administrative role;
• Further qualification in Events Management (or related course) will count as an advantage;
Skill & Experience:
• High proficiency in MS Office products (Outlook / Word / Excel)
• Strong organisational skills;
• Ability to rapidly master new technology and applications;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Client focused;
• Attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task;
• Able to work independently and in a diverse team-orientated environment.
• Experience in working with budgets & expense analysis;
• Intelligent reporting.
• The salary band for this role is between R 16 500,00 to R 29 500.00, and any offer made will be strictly based on the level of candidates skills, qualifications and experience;
• The above package is a CTC Package, inclusive of provident fund, medical aid and other risk benefits.
Closing date and contact:
• The closing date for applications herein is 10 December 2017;
• Applications must include a letter of interest including salary expectation, curriculum vitae, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three contactable references.
• All applications must be submitted electronically to:
• Please consider you application to be unsuccessful if you do not receive a response within 14 days thereof.
Please note that in advertising this job vacancy, FPI affirms its commitment to Employment Equity and that EE candidates will be preferred.