Quoin Wealth is a well‐established practice, dealing with high net worth individuals, corporate and trusts. We are looking to fill the role of Para‐Planner.
Qualifications and knowledge
• 3-year degree in a relevant field.
• Satisfy the admission requirements for Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning.
• A CFP®
designation will be advantageous.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar or specific role will be advantageous.
• Knowledge and / or exams in FAIS, FICA and banking legislation.
• Knowledge of MS Excel/Word, outlook and data systems.
• Experience in using financial planning modelling software. OMW Integrator.
• Assist in completion of work requests and preparation of documentation for client meetings (including the preparation of written Record of Advice, Financial Plan, Review document, technical calculations and technical advice) on behalf of Financial Planners as per the practices policies and procedures.
• Load client and asset documentation and information on planning tool / system, and /or checking and updating existing information.
• Assisting with co-ordination, prioritisation and monitoring of Para-planning work requests.
• Senior support on office floor, with managing of escalations with internal or external stakeholders
• Coaching and mentoring of less experienced team members if required.
• Assisting with induction of new Para-planning team members if required. Peer Reviewing less experienced Para-planners’ Statements of Advice, technical calculations and technical advice if required.
• Secure highly sensitive and confidential financial data and information.
• Meet and exceed internal and external client needs by responding to queries on time and action of the request within Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Ensure all files/accounts remain FICA and FAIS compliant, when transacting/assisting internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify and engage with all relevant internal and external parties on workflow delays and assist in dealing with issues and training the co-worker to enable growth.
• Assist as required administration support with administration and technical administration duties.
• Build and maintain relationship internal and external stakeholders.
• Money Market capturer or authoriser as required from Quoin Wealth.
• Intercept calls and take messages or assist when colleagues are not at their desk.
• Managing relationships – works to build and maintain warm, friendly and constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, which is responsive to the needs, feeling and opinions of others keeping relationship professional.
• Ability to plan and organize – has to be able to prioritize and plan multiple tasks and yet be flexible and adaptable in revising plans and priorities on short notice in order to achieve the role’s objective.
• Sense of urgency – has to be able to cope with pressure and show ability to deal with urgent matters. Cope with high stress.
• Action orientation – initiates action to achieve objectives within set deadlines and pro-actively takes responsibility for achieving work objectives, as well as shows willingness to go extra mile.
• Decision-making – must be able to come to a conclusion or decision, whether it be to further an investigation or for the purposes of recommendation / escalation to management.
• Resilience – be able to tolerate and preserve in a re-active environment. The tolerance to deal with conflicting information. Displaying the perseverance, energy and drive to persist, despite interruptions and unforeseen / unexpected changes until tasks have been successfully completed.
• System knowledge – be familiar and willing to further knowledge on computer application (MSOffice, Adobe, Internet, email and relevant system).
• Product knowledge – basic knowledge of various products in banking and financial institutions. Continuously update skill set, expertise, and technical knowledge by attending the required workshops and courses. Report on training requirements and welcome training to enable growth.
• Adaptability – willingness to learn and adjust to a changing work environment.
• Co-operation and team work – co-operative in planning and striving to see that the goals and objectives of the company are being realized.
• Legislation – keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role, remaining alert. Adhere to policies and procedures in every changing environment.
• Integrity and Ethics – demonstrate high integrity and ethics in all activities.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills. Professional telephone and email manner.
• Bilingual: English and Afrikaans would be advantageous.
• Professional, mature and presentable demeanour.
• Strong administrative, organisational and time management skills with the ability to deliver to deadlines, at times under pressure.
• High ethical standards and strong work ethic.
• Proactive, positive and client service mind-set.
• Energetic, self-driven and the ability to function independently as well as, part of a team.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency. Strong analytical, mathematical and conceptual ability.
• Computer Literate, with advanced Microsoft Word and Excel computer skills.
• A thorough understanding of compliance issues associated with the provision of financial advice.
Salary and Hours
• Salary to be negotiated depending on experience and qualifications.
• Working hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00 am to 16:00 pm on Friday. The role will allow for flexi-hours as per the Quoin Wealth policy. To be discussed during the interview.
Contact Person: Brunhilde Gerber ‐ firstname.lastname@example.org