The Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa NPC (FPI), a SAQA recognised professional body, is seeking a seasoned and highly skilled Chief Executive Officer to lead its senior leadership team.
Reporting to the Company Board of Directors, the CEO shall lead and develop the Organisation, standing as the figurehead of the Profession, developing the roles of and setting standards for Financial Planning and Financial Advice, whilst managing all aspects of the Professional Body, its Operations and staff and ensuring the sustainability thereof.
The successful candidate will, independently, and in collaboration with senior management, have responsibility for the following duties and others as assigned:
HIGH LEVEL DESCRIPTION:
• Driving the reputation of the Entity as a thought, moral, ethics and standards leader for the Financial Services Sector;
• Gaining and enhancing the confidence in the Entity from all stakeholders but, specifically, relevant Government spheres;
• Acting as the figurehead and leadership figure for the Financial Planning profession;
• Providing strategic leadership and direction in line with internationally accepted standards for the Profession, whilst maintaining the Entity’s prominence in relevant international forums;
• Representing the Entity at the Financial Planning Standards Board (USA) and to its international affiliates;
• Ensuring Enterprise sustainability;
• Driving Organisational development and long-term success;
• Providing leadership with respect to best practices of governance and in the implementation of King IV principles;
• Developing and implementing business strategies and plans in alignment with short-term and long-term objectives for both the Profession and the Entity;
• Working with the FPI Board of Directors to determine both Professional and Entity values and mission, whilst planning for short- and long-term goals;
• Providing leadership and guidance to ensure the smooth daily operation of the Entity and to support the attainment of its strategic objectives and mandate;
• Providing strategic leadership, direction, advice and oversight to Business Units in development and management of targets, activity plans, budgets and finances;
• Identifying and addressing problems and opportunities for the Entity and analyze problematic situations and occurrences to provide solutions that ensure Entity survival and growth;
• Monitoring and evaluating the Entity’s mandate, its effectiveness and further actions;
• Making high-level decisions on Entity Policy and Strategy.
• Demonstrating moral and ethical leadership;
• Ensuring the ongoing improvement and monitoring of control systems designed to ensure Entity sustainability;
• Driving strategy that will improve the overall financial position of the Entity;
• Providing strategic direction and create a vision for success;
• Developing and implementing business strategies and plans that align with the Entity’s short- term and long-term objectives;
• Leading and motivating subordinates;
• Advancing employee engagement and develop a high performing managerial team;
• Overseeing business activities and achieve results consistent with the Entity’s overall strategy and mission.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
a) QUALIFICATION & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA); alternatively
• One or more degrees in a relevant discipline; and
• Minimum of five (5) years’ proven experience in a CEO or comparable role; alternatively
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a managing capacity at a Professional Body; and
• Mature, recognised professional and a designated member of a Professional Body in good standing; and
• No restrictions on becoming a Company Director; and
• No criminal convictions; and
• Solvent balance sheet and clean credit record.
b) ADDITONAL / PREFERRED:
Professional or on the pathway;
• Track record of public responsibility initiatives;
• The Entity is committed to EE and preference may be given to a qualifying EE Candidate.
c) KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Proven understanding of the discipline of Financial Planning;
• Proven understanding of the workings of a Professional Body;
• Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision;
• Experience in the preparation and management of strategic plans, performance plans, operational plans, annual financial statements, business plans and budgets;
• Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow management and general finance/ budgeting together with a strong understanding of corporate finance;
• Knowledge of internal and external auditing requirements and standards;
• Knowledge and exposure to the Financial Services Industry with focus on Financial Planning;
• Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.;
• Knowledge and understanding of Corporate Governance processes (Good governance Policies, practices and directives, King Reports) and general management best practices;
• Strong understanding of Management processes, practices and performance monitoring;
• Strong Strategic planning and impact assessment skills;
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce;
• Proven negotiation skills;
• Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions;
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust;
• People management skills and strong understanding of performance management principles;
• Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate;
• Innovator with an entrepreneurial mindset and outstanding Organisational and leadership skills;
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
• The salary for this role is between R 80 000.00 – R 125 000.00 CTC per month, and any offer made will be in the FPI’s sole discretion, dependent on skill, qualifications and experience;
• The package is inclusive of provident fund, medical aid contribution and other risk benefits.
e) NOTES, CLOSING DATE AND CONTACT:
• Applications will be reviewed as received and will continue until the position is filled, however FPI exclusively reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy in its sole discretion;
• Applications must include a letter of interest including salary expectation, curriculum vitae, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least 2 contactable references;
• All applications must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
• By applying for this vacancy, the applicant consents to all background and reference checks required by the Entity in its sole discretion. The applicant shall render all assistance to verify his/her background, qualifications, financial status and such that the Entity may need to assess his/her suitability for a leading role in a professional body;
• Please consider your application to be unsuccessful if you do not receive a response within 21 days thereof.