The Financial Planning Institute (FPI), a SAQA-recognised professional body, is seeking the services of an energetic Business Development Consultant. Reporting to the General Manager of the Centre for Professional Development (CPD), the successful applicant will drive sales targets by effectively positioning and promoting the Company’s products and services to potential clients, whilst assisting Management in developing sales strategies and providing detailed reporting.
• Develop and implement sales strategy for products and services;
• Establish and build new relationships with existing and potential clients;
• Sourcing of new clients(companies and individuals, business deals and potential partners);
• Actively promote Continuous Professional Development & developmental events (webinars, conferences, online Continuous Professional Development, Road Shows, FPI Convention);
• Demonstrate business planning skills to achieve sales targets;
• Prepare and deliver Presentations, post event requests and debriefs;
• Analyse event performance and provide event feedback and statistics to management;
• Develop an in depth understanding of Company products & services;
• Identify Training Gap Analysis for Companies and Individuals;
• Assist organisations to define their training objectives;
• Keep appraised of competitor activities & pricing;
• Plan and execute campaigns;
• Co-ordinate any marketing campaigns to prospects;
• Track and report on event statistics;
• Assist in general department matters when required.
Applicants With The Following Will Be Preferred:
• Background in training and development;
• Post Graduate in Financial Planning;
Qualifications, Skill & Experience:
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in a business development role;
• Relevant knowledge and experience in the Financial/Insurance industry;
• Business development and strong marketing skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Written and oral communication skills;
• Negotiation skills;
• A driven sales approach that ensures targets are met;
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and strong understanding of business requirements;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Computer literate i.e. Microsoft Office, Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Excel.
• Must be willing and able to travel extensively;
• The salary band for this role is between R 20 366,95 – R 43 967,50 CTC per month, and any offer made will be based on skill, qualifications and experience;
• Package is inclusive of provident fund, medical aid and other risk benefits.
Closing date and contact:
• The closing date for applications herein is Friday 23 FEBRUARY 2018.
• Applications must include a letter of interest including salary expectation, curriculum vitae, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three contactable references.
• All applications must be submitted electronically to:
• Please consider you application to be unsuccessful if you do not receive a response within 14 days thereof.
Please note that in advertising this job vacancy, FPI affirms its commitment to Employment Equity and that EE candidates will be preferred.