IT Systems Engineer
The Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa NPC (FPI), a SAQA recognised professional body, is seeking the services of an IT Systems Engineer, to assist in ensuring quality technical service delivery, IT infrastructure maintenance and support all FPI systems including database, server hardware, end-user computing, VOIP, networks, data centre and LOB applications. It is also expected of the role to do basic system architecture and project implementation.
The successful candidate will, independently, and in collaboration with senior management, have responsibility for the following duties and others as assigned:
• IT SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE:
• Office 365;
• Maintain IT Security – C Firewall, Anti-virus, etc.;
• Database support and maintenance;
• Network support and maintenance;
• Server support and maintenance;
• Infrastructure support and maintenance;
• End-user computing support and maintenance;
• Data Centre support and maintenance;
• Storage support and maintenance;
• Backup & Recovery support and maintenance;
• File & Print support and maintenance;
• Active Directory support and maintenance;
• Email and communications support and maintenance;
• VOIP support and maintenance;
• Service Desk support and maintenance;
• LOB Application support and maintenance;
• Ensure adherence to service level agreements.
• Adhere to ITIL best practice framework
• Monitor and Report on IT Infrastructure;
• Assist with the execution of various facilities related duties, including but not limited to, telephone and PABX queries and support; printer maintenance and support; building access; etc.
a) REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Matric minimum; AND
• ITIL Foundation Certification v3; AND
• Microsoft Certification; AND
b) ADDITONAL / PREFERRED:
• 2 years Project Administration Experience;
• Tertiary degree in computer science or related areas an advantage.
c) KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Performance awards and financial rewards;
• Knowledge of industry best practices;
• Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications;
• Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging;
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server;
• Good knowledge of security as it relates to Information Technology and cloud-based infrastructure;
• Strong virtualization experience using Hyper-V;
• Experience working with disaster recovery.
• The salary for this role is between R 17 000.00 – R 23 000.00 CTC per month, and any offer made will be in the FPI’s sole discretion, dependent on skill, qualifications and experience;
• The package is inclusive of provident fund, medical aid contribution and other risk benefits.
e) NOTES, CLOSING DATE AND CONTACT:
• The closing date for applications herein is Thursday 23 May 2019;
• Applications must include Curriculum Vitae; Salary expectations, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least 2 contactable references;
• All applications must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com;
• Please consider your application to be unsuccessful if you do not receive a response within 21 days thereof.