The Financial Planning Institute (FPI), a SAQA-recognised professional body, is seeking the services of an experienced Applications Systems Specialist. Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful applicant will provide system and business application maintenance and support, coordinate software installations, upgrades and new software initiatives and evaluate business functions, processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement. The incumbent will be further tasked with working with suppliers to design and integrate maintenance or development solutions to meet the business needs of the client and stakeholders.
• Provide support for all core business systems;
• Provide support for different versions of business software;
• Manage and coordinate daily service request and system support issues;
• Collect and document business/systems requirements;
• Develop and implement system manuals;
• Develop and implement system enhancements;
• Support the creation and validation of functional and integration test cases;
• Communicate with technical analysts, developers and end users;
• Produce systems analysis documentation;
• Solution delivery on implementation and training;
• System(s) testing;
• Manage project development from initiation to closure;
• Manage project team(s) (outline scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, and timing);
• Provide enhancement, project and change request estimates;
• Identify required resolution steps for resolving any data issues;
• Checking for bugs;
• Design and build business system processes to specification;
• Meeting attendance;
• Working with process owners;
• Meeting with and managing of suppliers;
• Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs..
Required education, knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes:
• Relevant Tertiary IT Qualification or Certificate / Diploma in Business Process Analysis from industry recognized training institution;
• Microsoft SQL Certified;
• Microsoft SQL Reporting Services;
• Microsoft Web development;
• ITIL V3 Framework Certificate;
• Experience in the Professional Members Industry;
• Extensive experience in data modelling;
• Extensive experience in databases;
• Extensive experience in IIS;
• Extensive experience in Technical Writing;
• Experience in Mobile Applications;
• Experience in report writing;
• Experience in communicating with business and facilitating workshops;
• Experience with information technology projects;
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal);
• Good understanding / knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC);
• Problem solving skills;
• Ability to distinguish symptoms from problems and recommend sound and timely resolutions;
• Ability to learn and understand business processes;
• Understanding of application programming, database and system design, and Internet applications.
• Team Player.
Closing date and contact:
• The salary band for this role is between R 18 900.00 to R 38 000.00 CTC per month, and any offer made will be based on skill, qualifications and experience;
• Package is inclusive of provident fund, medical aid and other risk benefits.
Closing date and contact:
• The closing date for applications herein is Friday 31 January 2018.
• Applications must include a letter of interest including salary expectation, curriculum vitae, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three contactable references.
• All applications must be submitted electronically to:
• Please consider you application to be unsuccessful if you do not receive a response within 14 days thereof.
Please note that in advertising this job vacancy, FPI affirms its commitment to Employment Equity and that EE candidates will be preferred.