Wedgewood Brokers is looking to fill the role of para-planner in the business.
Purpose of the role:
To carry out day-to day administrative, customer services, research and operational tasks for Wedgewood as may be required or agreed upon from time to time, and to provide Senior Wealth Planners with internal advice services including:
• Research on advice-related issues to be utilised in client reports/ record of advice.
• Upload client financial information onto the software systems, and prepare scenarios to be used by financial planners in the preparation of written Records of Advice.
• Prepare analysis of client portfolio on behalf of Financial Planners in accordance with practice procedures and policies as well as client and advisor requirements.
• Draft Record of Advice documents for Financial Planners.
• Assist in managing the client review process for Financial Planners.
• Handle all top up/ad hoc investments, and rebalances.
Summary of responsibilities and details:
• Minutes of meetings.
• Preparation of meeting packs.
• Risk Management record keeping – compliance and monitoring of all risk products offered.
• Analysis on Portfolios.
• Operational and Regulatory Reporting.
• Telephonic and email query resolution.
• Assistance with compliance officer visits.
• Assistance with audits as-and-when required.
• General office management duties and/or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time.
• Update and timeline management for client reviews.
• Financial market and fund research.
• Completion of work requests on behalf of Senior Wealth Planners as per the Financial Planning Practices policies.
• Where required, accompanying the Senior Wealth Planners to meetings and draft feedback to be sent to clients timeously.
• Prepare for review meetings by drafting review reports on behalf of Senior Wealth Planners.
• Investment Planning and Estate Planning.
• Risk Planning.
• Follow the six step Financial Planning process.
• Prepare financial calculations for client portfolios where required.
• Prepare risk calculations of shortfalls and provide solutions.
• Continuous research of the ongoing developments in risk and investment products.
• Undertake research of various investment and advice options for clients.
• Participation and completion of assigned projects.
• Adhere to all compliance in terms of FICA and FAIS regulations.
• Ongoing maintenance and development pf professional knowledge to satisfy the current industry and legislative requirements.
Education and Expertise:
• Degree or Qualification in a relevant field.
• Post-Graduate Qualification in relevant field.
• Meet Fit and Proper requirements in terms of the FAIS Act in order to be appointed as a representative.
• Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships necessary for the development of rapport with clients.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• A thorough understanding of compliance issues associated with the providing of Financial Advice.
• Client centric.
• Enthusiastic and friendly.
• Well-spoken and professional.
• Positive attitude.
• Problem solver.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good at multi-tasking.
• Organised, diligent, meets deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Professionally mature.
• High ethical Standards.
Place of work: 14 Grange Avenue, Morningside Manor, Sandton, 2196
Working hours: Full time 08h00 – 17h00 (8 hours per day)
Contact details: Lynda Powell – email@example.com