Format of regulatory exams
The regulatory examinations are presented in a multiple choice question format, and are based on specified qualifying criteria.
Important information pertaining to the examination:
- Exams are closed book.
- No additional material will be allowed in the examination room.
- There is only one right answer to each question.
- There is no negative marking.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts made in order to achieve competence.
- There is only one national version of any regulatory examination for any category or subcategory.
- You can choose to write exams electronically or on paper.
The regulatory examinations aim on testing the application of factual knowledge in relation to:
- The relevant legal provision as contained in the legislation, subordinate legislation and codes of conduct (Level 1).
- The rendering of financial services applicable to specific categories and subcategories of clients (Level 2).