FINANCIAL PLANNING INSTITUTE OF SOUTHERN AFRICA (FPI)
FPI values your right to privacy and security and therefore treat personal information that is obtained through use of this website, as private, and we endeavour to provide you with secure access to our online services.
1. TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- FPI collects personal information about you (‘the information’) mainly in the following ways:-
- On-line user registration
- Apply to become a member
- Request certain services or products
- Contact or do business with FPI.
- Other personal information may be collected with:-
- CPD, event, subscription and enrolment forms
- Telephonic, Facsimile or Electronic communications
2. USE OF INFORMATION:
- FPI need to collect personal or other information if we are to meet our obligations to our members and to inform you of new services and developments and fulfil member instructions and other requirements.
- If your do not provide the information required you may not be able to become a member or you may not be able to receive the information or service you requested by the method you have requested.
- FPI collects the information to provide you with a specific service, which may include but not be limited to the following:-
- Processing your membership application;
- Processing your membership recertification;
- Sending you information on relevant services, events and the like;
- Sending you information on opportunities created for members with other service providers;
- Communicating with you on any issues relevant to your membership or transactions with FPI.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION:
- FPI is governed by the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000, as amended.
- FPI will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your consent.
- FPI will confirm membership of FPI to members of the public, other professional bodies, and provide contact information to overseas member groups if you are going overseas only if requested by you to do so.
- FPI will provide only such information as is required to suppliers and business partners to enable a particular service to be fulfilled.
4. INFORMATION SECURITY:
- FPI has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control. These security measures include:-
- Firewalls to prevent the hacking of our data base
- Clauses in staff and service provider agreements requiring confidentiality
- Security access to FPI premises
- The use of passwords for access to data base information.
5. INFORMATION UPDATE:
- You may gain access to information that FPI has collected about you by contacting FPI.
- You can change or update personal information online or you can also advise of changes via telephone, facsimile, e-mail or letter.
6. CONTACTING FPI:
- If you have any questions or complaints about this security policy you should contact the FPI at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 011 – 470 6000.